Hi, I’m Julie!
Inside: I’m Julie, owner of Unmasking the Mess. I’m trying to walk by faith and it’s tough. I stink at being a Christian and blow it daily. Journey with me?
The sun was barely coming over the horizon as I scampered to the chicken coop in my trendy muck boots. (Are they even trendy?) The excitement of producing something edible every morning was real and this girl couldn’t help but skip, hop or jump to the coop.
This morning, the coop was quiet since the girls were outside already. As I reached into the nest boxes subconsciously, suddenly I pulled my hand back and almost grabbed a sharp-toothed possum. In short, it turned into a messy situation.
Yep, there it is. This city-girl-turned-country-girl is learning new messy things every day.
- Figuring out what my gifts are and what my purpose is.
- Being married in this culture
- Living in a new area and slowly meeting new friends
- Blogging and writing
- Parenting 5 kids
- Traveling through insomnia
- Dealing with anxiety/depression
- Learning hobby farm “stuff”
Walking by Faith
As you can see, lots of chances for messes and I do my share messing it all up.
My past default reaction to the small messes would be to get angry and huffy. The reaction to the large, overwhelming messes would be to question my faith and get mad at God.
Why God, why me? I don’t understand.
Can I admit something? Life sucks sometimes. It’s tough, painful and unrelenting. Trusting God has my back and will bring it together, isn’t my strong suit.
However, Aas I’ve trusted over and over again, God is slowly replacing my defaults and deficiencies into strengths and wisdom.
In the toughest of times, God was my anchor, He was stable and reliable.
It’s important to realize that I haven’t gotten it all together, I screw up and fail more times than I want to admit.
I daily struggle with my faith and the mess I am! If you want the honest truth, I suck at being a Christian!
This is my statement of faith:
I believe in:
- One God in three persons- Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The entire Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative revelation of God’s love to man.
- The deity Jesus, who was born through a virgin birth, lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died and shed His blood on the cross for my sins. He rose from the dead in bodily form and ascended to Heaven to sit on the right hand of the Father.
- Being lost and facing the judgment of God because of my sin and Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation. Salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ by His death on the cross, not by my own good works.
- The resurrection of the body: eternal life for believers and eternal damnation for unbelievers.
- Jesus’s return to Earth to establish His Kingdom.
- One true church, the spiritual unity of believers, which make up His body the Church.
- Participation in the Great Commission and personal transformation to Christ-likeness.
- The Holy Spirit dwelling within me to enable me to live a godly life.
God tested my faith during a difficult season. As a result, I wondered would my faith get me through?
My mind had a lot of questions for God.
I felt alone and overwhelmed.
God did have the master plan, because, through it, I have a greater faith. I vowed to use my experience to encourage others with defeated feelings, and loss of hope like I did.
During this period, God asked me to write beyond my journal notebook. I had been hiding my struggles and putting on a mask and telling everyone I was fine.
Unmasking is scary and being authentic is frightening.
I didn’t know anything about blogging. I don’t like to write papers and my grammar is questionable.
Unmasking the Mess
My blog is raw and honest. I struggle with my faith, and I am a work in progress.
Can I admit that every second of the day I need Jesus? This girl has a knack for creating problems in her life.
Unmasking the Mess is what God is teaching me, but I hope it shines the truth for you also.
As I grow in faith, I promise to help you find tips and resources to help with the hard seasons of your life.
Unmasking the Mess is a place where I hope you can come, unmask and be refreshed and encouraged through God Word’s as He lays them on my heart.
By all means, I don’t have it all together in fact, many times I feel like I take one step forward and two steps back. This Christian walk is hard and messy, therefore we need others encouraging and cheering us on this path.
Here’s the thing, we need each other, God doesn’t want us to walk this messy path alone. When we look back over the footprints of our journey, God will start unmasking the hard places. Joy and wonder will fill us because there was meaning in the mess for us. Ultimately, God will be glorified and we will be more who He wants us to be.
So are you ready to join me on this faith journey?
Grab your muck boots and skip, hop or jump with me to a new life where God produces great things.
Journey with me in this faith walk, will you?
P.S. I hope you will sign up to my newsletter to receive free goodies and other exciting treats!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.