I’m excited and humbled to accept The Blogger Recognition Award. Maree Dee from Embracing the Unexpected nominated Unmasking the Mess. Check out Maree’s site, I’m sure you will love the site as much as I do.
How Unmasking The Mess blog started:
After a few years of intense anxiety and depression, God led me to write. I would have been fine with writing in my private journals and notebooks, but at that same time, He nudged me to not only start writing but to share it publically.
I didn’t follow through on His nudges for almost a year. Fear and the feelings of being unqualified kept me from embracing what He was leading me to do.
I spent a lot of time in His word during that year and decided to surrender and follow His plans. It’s been a wild ride ever since.
I can’t believe what I’ve learned, who I’m met and how my faith has grown through trusting His guidance.
Julie’s advice for new bloggers:
- If God leads you to blog, trust in Him and ask Him to guide you.
- First and foremost, you need to fill yourself with God every day so it can flow out to others.
- Run your own blogging race, God knows who you need to reach and your ability to reach them.
- Rejection from others about your writing doesn’t mean you’re not qualified, but rather you need to grow more as a writer. Keep God’s timing in mind!
Unmasking the Mess Blog Nominees:
This was tough nominating only 15, there are so many great Christian bloggers I enjoy visiting every week.
- Kelly R. Baker @ Kelly R. Baker
- Meghan Weyerbacher @Meghan Weyerbacher- Refreshing the Writers
- Kira Bridges @JoyPursued.com
- Starla Jimenez @ StarlaJimenez.com
- Lillian Stevens @Embracing the Lovely
- Marigold Jones @ The Journey of a Million Miles
- Calvonia @ RealTalk365
- Sue @ Mama of Three Boys
- Jaime @ Seeking God
- Michele @ Living our Days
- Melanie @ MelanieRedd.com
- Carolina @ Cisneros Cafe
- Esther @Chosen and Cherished
- Brenda@ ChasingCommunity
Thank you, ladies, for encouraging and blessing my faith journey!
Rules Of the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Thank you again, Maree@ Embracing the Unexpected, for nominating Unmasking the Mess! I really appreciate it!