Inside: If I believed with all my heart my God is so big, most of my frustration and despair would be eliminated. How much pain my kids would be spared to grasp this truth about God when they are young. God is so big and He is leading and guiding me through everything.
*Disclosure: Post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
Have you ever heard the song by Ruth Harms Calkin? “My God is so big, so strong and so mighty. There’s nothing my God cannot do for you.”
This song is based on Psalm 104, which depicts Creation, praise, and glory that are owed to Him for all his wisdom and greatness in all creation working together.
As a mom, I want my kids to know that their God is so big. There isn’t anything in life He can’t handle and can’t fix. If I were to die tomorrow, this is probably one of the biggest takeaways I’d want to give my kids.
No matter what, God is God.
If I only believed my God is so big with all my heart
Isn’t it funny that what I want my kids to grasp is also something I want to stake claim to? How often do I think I need to figure out what I should do or worry my way through a problem?
What if a situation is too big for Him? Isn’t that what Satan wants us to believe. Somehow God isn’t who He says He is? Is He really keeping the best from us?
Honestly, we still fall for the same lies Satan used on Adam and Eve.
If I believed with all my heart that God is so big, most of my frustration and despair would be eliminated. I wouldn’t get torn up when little annoyances happened throughout my day. Friend’s words wouldn’t have such an impact.
So while I want my kids to embrace this truth, working through examples and supporting evidence of the truth is a great reminder to me.
The Bible Declares My God is so Big
Throughout the pages of the Bible, we see God coming to the rescue of those He loves and either changing their situation or their perspective to allow them to overcome.
Joseph was sold into slavery, bought by Potiphar, and put in charge of his household, put into jail, and then he became the second in command to the throne of Egypt.
Moses was laid in the basket of reeds and floated down the river and ended up becoming a part of Pharaoh’s family.
Rahab was a prostitute that helped the Israelites overcome Jericho and became a family member to Jesus in His genealogy.
Peter disowned Jesus three times and yet Jesus told Peter He would build the church on Him.
Paul attacked the early church and even killed many members and became one of the biggest evangelists of the early church.
God can make a way when our human eyes can’t even see a way through.
14 Truths to Grasp about God Being so Big:
- God made the Universe and everything is under His control.
- He keeps His promises.
- God is always with us. No matter where we go He is there.
- He can always hear us, even though many times we can’t hear Him because we aren’t listening to Him.
- He saved us and we don’t have to do anything because it’s already done.
- It’s ok if you doubt, some things are just too hard for us to understand.
- God always lets you return when you’ve wandered.
- He loves you even when life is difficult.
- You can get angry with God when seasons are hard, He’s big enough to take your honest feelings.
- God’s love and grace are bigger than the ocean.
- He always forgives you and doesn’t even remember those sins once you’re forgiven.
- When you ask for forgiveness, He doesn’t remember your mistakes or sins.
- God will help you get through anything.
- Ask Him for wisdom, He promises to always give it.
Living out My God is so Big
What I’ve learned is living a life based on this truth takes intention. It hears the lies, but refuses them and turns them over to God– replacing lies with the truth again and again.
It’s choosing God no matter what because God is God. Satan isn’t God, and his lies are not the truth.
In order to become stealth against Satan’s lies and to keep God as big in our minds, we need to learn all the truth we can so we can fight against Satan’s schemes. Providing our kids with age-appropriate resources and then spending time with them with the resources is a sure way for the Word to grow more in their hearts.