Inside: Being rooted in Christ, our teenage girl can weather what comes their way because they know who measures their worth. Our girls don’t need to prove their worth or chase after things to fill them because God can give them everything they need.
*Disclosure: Post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure here.
Do you remember your high school years? What stands out to you? Drama among girls, trends, frustration with school and/or teachers, or maybe fitting in?
Being a teen in high school is hard. High school is where we get a little taste of the world beyond the doors of the building.
We experienced cliques, people different from us, differing views, and varying religions. Maybe we also experienced violence, the availability of drugs and sex, and run-ins with authority.
This “coming into adulthood” is a hard season. The choices that are made can affect the rest of our lives. It’s a difficult time of life, especially for our teenage girls.
Self-esteem and confidence can be made or broken during this stage. Body image can also be affected during this season.
A lot of emphases is put on fitting in and not sticking out. Everyone wants to be Miss Congeniality or Miss Popular.
Who God Says You Are
Having a strong sense of who our daughters are in Christ can help them navigate these years and the years to come. When teenage girls put their roots down into God, they don’t have to conform to those around them.Being rooted in Christ, our teenage girl can weather what comes their way because they know who measures their worth. #deeplyrooted #beloved #God'sgirl Click To Tweet
Our girls don’t need to prove their worth or chase after things to fill them because God can give them everything they need.
10 truths to inspire and encourage our teenage girl to keep walking in faith
- You are not alone. (Hebrews 13:5, NLT) I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.
- You will stand out, but that’s not a bad thing. (1 Timothy 4:12, NLT) Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
- God wants you to ask Him for wisdom. (Psalm 119:105, NLT) Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
- God has a unique plan and purpose for you, so don’t grow weary. (Galatians 6:9, NLT) So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
More truths continued for your teenage girl
- You are beautiful to God. (Song of Solomon 4:7, NLT)You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way.
- You are valuable to God. (Luke 1:45, NLT) You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.
- God dwells within you. (Colossians 3:3, NLT) For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.
- You don’t need to be afraid when you’re on God’s team. (Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT) So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.
- You can influence others around you. (Ephesians 4:29, NLT) Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
- Honor your mother and father if you want a blessed life. (Exodus 20:12,NLT) Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Here are some resources to help your teenage girl grow closer to God, learn about her value to God, or to teach her what beauty is. I know sometimes our teenagers don’t want to hear it from us parents, so these websites and videos are available for teens from other teens. Teen-to-teen interaction can be more encouraging and inspiring than hearing it from mom or dad.
As moms, we can pray that our teenage daughters grasp and embrace what the Savior says about them. When we know we are fully and completely loved by Him, we won’t care about fitting in, but will be happy to stand out!